Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fast Car Slow City

So, I am a car owner now. Does it mean good bye to the Last Train to Panvel? Nah!
Firstly, it's going to take some time to get used to this new fact, considering that I never wanted to own a car. I mean, who wants the hassle of maintaining a white elephant, worry about one ways, traffic jams, parking, break-downs etc. etc. Taking trains, taxis etc. is actually so much more convenient.  And I would rather spend my savings on travelling, seeing my country and the world and so many other nice things in life.

Alas! Public transport has become a scarce and difficult commodity in this city. It doesn't augur well for our urban future if privately owned transport becomes a necessity rather than a luxury.

I had posted this earlier on this blog. I am forced to state that New Bombay is not a great city. I hope it becomes at least a good city while I am still alive.

In the mean-time, a car and a driver has brought a much needed convenience. Hujband says: stop complaining, feel happy.

OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment